I’m SO excited to share my very July 2020 Income Report (my very first Income Report!) and how I have actually been able to make an income on my blog!
I started this blog September 2019 and have worked on it EVERY SINGLE DAY since. When I started I knew that I would spend hundreds (if not thousands) of hours working for free before I ever saw a paycheck.
Those first months are when most people get discouraged and quit. I’m so proud and grateful that I pushed through and am now making an income for the work I do – even if it’s still small!
Disclaimer: Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links, meaning should you make a purchase I may receive a small commission. I only recommend products that I truly love. All opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting my blog in this way!
WHY THE HECK WOULD I SHARE MY INCOME WITH THE WORLD?
For years I had convinced myself that the bloggers I loved to follow who were making a full-time income blogging just got started at the right time, and it’s too late now to actually make an income blogging.
Then I came across income reports where bloggers will share this personal information to encourage others. After reading dozens and dozens of these income reports I became convinced that the internet isn’t saturated and blogging is NOT dead.
A few bloggers who share their income reports every single month:
There are so many opportunities on the internet, and bloggers are proving every day that it is still possible to start an income-producing blog in 2020!
Whether you’re brand new to blogging or have been at it for years, I hope this income report teaches you something new or encourages you to chase your dreams! I want to be transparent with you to show you that it’s still very possible to start an income producing blog in 2020.
I also want to create these for myself. To remember how exciting it felt to finally be making money after months & months of hard work and to look back on in the future!
If you’re interested in starting your own blog, these posts may be helpful:
HOW AM I REPORTING THIS INCOME?
If you’re new to the blogging world you may not know that most advertising and affiliate programs take 30-90 days to pay you. That means the money you make in April might not actually hit your bank account until June or July.
To simplify, I will reporting my statistics for the most recent month – July 2020 even though I haven’t actually received all of this money yet.
JULY 2020 BLOG STATS
Blog Pageviews : 27,099 – this is down significantly compared to earlier this spring but that isn’t uncommon for mid-summer.
Email Subscribers : 410 – Every experienced blogger preaches about the importance of an email list so I FINALLY started one, but haven’t done much with it yet.
Pinterest Followers : 3000
Youtube Subscribers : 2699
I debated whether or not to include my Youtube statistics and revenue in this post. Since my Youtube videos often contain affiliate links and my videos are often linked in my blog posts, it would be difficult to completely separate the two. Plus I consider them all the same business, so I’m going to include them!
JULY 2020 INCOME REPORT – BLOG REVENUE
Youtube Ads: $29.39 – This is really low for youtube income, but I didn’t spend any time in either June or July working on my youtube channel so this is 100% passive income.
Amazon Affiliate: $94.79 – This is by far my highest Amazon Affiliate month! I didn’t do anything different in July, I think it’s just because I now have lots of blog posts with affiliate links and each small commission adds up!
= 565.75 USD
All of my earnings are in USD. I’m Canadian so when they get transferred into my bank account they will actually be significantly higher! But I’m reporting them as they are shown in USD.
WHERE DID I FOCUS MY TIME IN JULY?
- I posted 5 new blog posts. My goal is usually 2 per week but I had out-of-town visitors several times, plus a surgery scheduled (that didn’t end up happening lol but still took time out of my schedule).
- I spent LOTS of time creating fresh pins for Pinterest. The new algorithms on Pinterest have thrown me for a curve ball and I’ve been trying to figure out how to get my traffic back to where it was!
- I have been working through some of the content in The Genius Blogger’s Toolkit which I purchased several months ago.
- I read through the updated information in my two FAVOURITE Pinterest traffic courses – Pinterest With Ell and Pinteresting Strategies. I recommend both of these courses to learn how to get more traffic to your site from Pinterest! They are both updated frequently.
MY AUGUST GOALS
- Make $1000 in the month of August.
- Receive 40k + monthly blog views. I’m REALLY hoping I can get some momentum on my blog posts. June & July were slow months, so I’m hoping things pick up in August!
- Post two blog posts per week.
- Post at LEAST one Youtube video! It’s been over 2 months, so I’m hoping to at least get one video up.
- Send out one email to my email subscribers!
I hope you enjoyed my July 2020 Income Report and I can’t wait to update you again in a few weeks!