When you think of hygge, you might just think of curling up beside a fire with a good book. And while that is absolutely true, there are so many other ways to enjoy hygge in the winter!
Check out this post if you’re brand new to Hygge and looking for ways to add it to your home!
I am such a believer in Hygge and believe it can even be a key tool for anyone who suffers from the Winter Blues.
Outdoor Winter Hygge
- Rent snowshoes or cross country skis
- Find an outdoor spa or hot tub to relax in
- Have a winter bonfire
- Go sledding
- Spend the day at the ski hill
- Go skating
- Go for a winter walk/hike
Winter Hygge With Friends
- Host a winter solstice party
- Host a games night
- Complete a puzzle together
- Host a soup night – every one brings their favourite soup!
- Have a food competition – everyone makes an appetizer, chili, etc and you vote to pick the best!
- Set up a spa night – pedicures with your friends!
- Have a movie night – complete with pajamas and popcorn!
- Host a weekend brunch
- Have a plant swap
- Do a craft together
- Video game competition – a classic childhood video game!
Winter Hygge By Yourself
- Sit and read a book – just for pleasure
- Bake a cake just because
- Pamper yourself with a bath/ home spa treatment
- Redecorate a room (making it extra cozy!)
- Try a brand new hobby
- Send hand-written snail-mail to friends
- Make a photobook/scrapbook
- Purchase some houseplants
Winter Hygge With Your Spouse
- Dance in the kitchen/living room
- Make a blanket fort
- Roast Marshmallows by an indoor fire
- Binge watch a show together
- Breakfast in bed
- Make a special dinner
There are so many ways to apply Hygge to your life throughout the year! Make sure you check back to see how you can Hygge during the other seasons!
Don’t forget to pin this for later or to share with a friend!